Monday, September 20, 2010

Rome Wasn't Built in a Day, or...

Rachel's Home Makeover

Believe it or not, even though I have a furniture and accessories store, (not to mention access to Ann's wonderful design style),  it still takes time to re-decorate!  We looked at sofas last April at the furniture show and are just now getting the room finished!  It came down to these two sofas...




I choose the one on the bottom, and Ann actually choose to purchase the one on the top.  (See her last week's blog to see it in her home.)  Although it is hard to tell in the photo, I loved the gathering on the seams on the one I choose.  But, I also loved the curvy back on Ann's!  Both sofas are available on special order from the shop.


And, here is the sofa in my sunroom.  I love, love, love the color and fabric!  The room is just about finished, except for the drapes.  I have ordered those wonderful jute and grommet drapes in white that I sell at the shop.


So, the biggest hurdle over, right?  Well, that was just the beginning.  Once the sofa arrived, we had to decide on adding color through the pillows on the sofa.  I had originally planned to pull a color from the oriental carpet, but after trying every pillow in the shop, decided on a taupe fringed one that pulled the color from the two bergère chairs (seen in another photo).

The coffee table is a vintage outdoor table that I have moved indoors (love that look).  The leather chair is my husband Frank's favorite - don't we all have to "work" around a favorite chair?


The sofa is a comfortable as it looks!  (The dining room is to the right of the arch.)


And these lamps!  It was love at first sight when I spotted them at the furniture show.  They can be special ordered from the shop.


They are sitting on an antique pine table (you may recognize it as my former desk at the shop!).  The basin with the hydrangeas is an antique french copper basin.


I love collections - they always add a personal look to your room.  I have collected Vintage McCoy pottery for many years.  Here is one of my favorite pieces in my favorite matte white.


The distressed candlesticks are from one of my favorite vendors - I always have a selection of them at the shop.  The ashtray is a vintage Murano glass cigar ashtray that I collect and also sell.


Across from the sofa we replaced a cherry buffet with this Swedish style console.  Ann worked her magic by adding the mirrors and reliefs to the wall.  The inspiration of the color we used in this room came from the bergère chair you see here.  It is a taupe with white trim which worked beautifully with the blue-grey wall color.  We always have a selection of clocks at the shop too!


This is one of the many vintage mirrors we carry in the shop.  The trophy cup is also vintage.  We carry similar flowers in the shop.


Of course, the best part of the room is the view.

To see more photos of my sunroom, please visit my website, Brocante Home.  To see more on the design of the room, please read Ann's blog.

Just about everything in the room came from the shop or can be special ordered.  Hope you are enjoying our adventure in decorating!

Au Revoir!  Rachel
Brocante Home
804-438-6404
www.brocante-home.com
To follow us on Facebook, click here.