Monday, October 1, 2012

Chalk Paint™ Workshops


I painted this table last week for Paintbrush & Pearls Thursday. It is a nice sample piece to show you some of what we will be discussing at the Workshops next week.


Although the table was originally mahogany, I decided I didn't want to distress down to that. Since I did want a "Swedish Look", I chose to paint a first coat of Old White, a nice soft white. (This is a good first coat for two color distressing, even if you are going to distress down to the wood.)


I then painted a second coat of French Linen, (this is a fabulous grey that I use a lot)Don't worry about completely covering the piece since you are going to lightly distress anyway!



I then waxed with clear and while that was still moist, glazed with a dark glaze (I'll show you how to do that at the workshop). Finally, I buffed with sandpaper (my secret weapon) for subtle distressing and patina.

If you would like to learn more about using this fabulous paint on your projects, then join us this Sunday, 10/7 or Wednesday, 10/10 for a two hour session. You will be painting, waxing and distressing on sample boards. 

The workshops are:
Sunday, 10/7 from 11 am to 1 pm and
Wednesday, 10/10 from 1 pm to 3 pm.

Sign up HERE or at the shop. Space is limited so that I can answer all your questions!

Au Revoir!

Rachel

Follow us on: Facebook
Follow us on: Pinterest
To subscribe to our blog: Brocante Home Collection Blog

Hours: 
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday 10-4 
Phone: 804-438-6404      Email: brocantehome@me.com