Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Color Splash!

I am always happy to see our furniture in its final "home"!  Remember this buffet/bar at the RW-C Designer Showcase last year?  It's a vintage piece that had been painted a pale blue/green and then distressed down to the original cream paint.  If you recall, Ann and I decorated that space in a Belgian look with lots of my favorite linens, whites and burlap.


Here it is at the RW-C Designer Showcase.  We used it as an outdoor bar in a monochromatic setting.



And here is the same bar at our customer's home.  It is still being used as a bar, but how different it looks in this setting.  Love the use of color!  Quite different and beautiful in each setting!

If you have a photo of something at your home that you've purchased at Brocante Home, please email it to me!  It may even be featured on the blog!

P.S. - You can now follow my blog on Facebook.  To go to Facebook, click here.
You can also see photos from the Design Classes and the shop on Flickr.  To go to Flickr, click here.
I will be updating the photos on Flickr often, so be sure to check it out.  (If you would like to see photos of the Designer Showcase at RW-C, I've added them to Flickr.)

Au Revoir!  Rachel
Brocante Home
804-438-6404
Summer Hours:  Wednesday - Saturday 10 - 4; Sunday 12 - 4
www.brocante-home.com