Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Star Is Born!

French Ladies Desk with Chalk Paint™


Here is the final painted desk that I worked on for the Chalk Paint ™ class last Sunday. I am quite happy with the way it turned out! But, it did require a few changes along the way. As "Annie says" - let the furniture talk to you! 

My first inclination (based on my inspiration Swedish table) was to paint the desk Old White, then layer with Provence and a final coat of Napoleanic Blue. However, after painting the Napoleanic Blue I found that the table did not "distress" down as I had hoped. This was the day before the class, so I was a little stumped. Ann suggested that I paint it all over with the Provence again - the top I left Old White. 


Old White with Rustic Glaze


Distressed to 3 Colors


After a finish of a dark wax glaze, then distressing it down slightly to reveal a little of the other two colors and for the top distressing down to the wood. A final finish with a high grit sandpaper for polishing and viola!

Thanks to all the dedicated Chalk Painters who braved the 95 degree heat to attend the class and a special thanks to Tammy, who wrote about the class on her BLOG

Our next Design Class will be on Sunday, August 5th and will be on Choosing Color & Tone with Chalk Paint™.



Au Revoir!

Rachel

Follow us on: Facebook
Follow us on: Pinterest
To subscribe to our blog: Brocante Home Collection Blog

Hours: 
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday 10-4 or by appointment through The Design Center
Phone: 804-438-6404      Email: brocantehome@me.com